Monday, August 8, 2011

Nook Ebook Reader: Color

Barnes and Nobles has a superlative color ebook reader that is easy and fun to use, with just five exterior features, you can concentrate on your life instead of dedicating half of it to learning how to operate it. There are three things you will need to do in order to get started. I can do these things and I was born before there were cars. Plug the mini USB cable in to charge the device. Here is the part I struggled with. Turn on the power button located on the upper left hand side of the case. If you can clear this hurdle then all you need to do is tap the screen and a video will begin playing taking you through the initial setup. Then it will suggest other videos to help you fully understand your Nook.

Who Needs Directions Anyway?

BARNES AND NOBLE APPLETON WI

Not everyone is going to watch those training videos and while it's a good idea, the Barnes & Nobles color ebook reader has a total of six touch screen buttons to naturally get you where you want to go. Lets look at what they are.

1. Library - As the name implies it will take you to where all of your books, magazines, and newspapers are.

2. Search - Search's across all of your stored library and files.

3. Apps - Access contacts, Nook friends, Pandora radio, games, and any other apps that you purchase.

4. Web - Opens a web browser on your Nook.

5. Shopping - Go to Barnes & Nobles and get a book, the newspaper or latest magazine. Buy one issue or subscribe.

6. Settings - Lets you manage every thing you want your Nook color to do, from adjusting screen brightness to wi-fi settings.

I'm a moron. I can use this. I like that. I don't even have to turn it off. It will take care of that for me too. There are very few devices you will pick up that feel this natural to navigate, maybe that's why this ebook color reader is something you will pick up and use again and again. This thing is about the same size and weight as a 300 page paper back book, but it will hold about 6000 of them. No. I don't know how this is possible. All I know is it's easy to haul around and I will never run out of stuff to read.

Some Techy Stuff Your Kid Will Be Asking You About.

The Nook is 8.1 inches high, 5.0 inches wide,.48 inches deep and weighs 15.8 ounces. The touch screen displays 16,000,000 colors and has a seven inch viewing surface. Text and images are crisp and sharp with a total screen resolution of 1024x600 pixels or 169 pixels per square inch. The LCD screen is backlit for easy reading day or night. Your ereader will store 8 gigabytes of information and with a mini SD card you can add an additional 32 gigabytes of storage. It has built in 802.11 b/g/n wireless. It supports a variety of file formats and for the sake of your sanity I will just mention the ones they don't. LIT, AMZ (Amazon), LRZ/LRX (Sony). It utilizes an ARM Cortex A-8 processor, has 512 MB of memory and operates on the android system. If your kid wants to know more than this then send him to college. If he says he can make your Nook better by "rooting it" then ground him from it because after he gets done with it, he will be the only one smart enough to use it.

The Nook Succeeds Where Others Fail.

I like things that work. I don't like complicating my world any more than I have to and that's why the Barnes & Nobles color reader excels. It does what it is supposed to do. I can read a book on it. Not only that but I can adjust the text size to match my half inch thick glasses. I can do those things by touching one button. I like having the internet available and I like getting there effortlessly. I don't like having to carry a suitcase with me to get my high tech devices from the house to car. I don't like peering at 1.5x1.75 inch mobile phone screen to get my email off of because I stared at the sun to long as a child. The ebook reader offers the right combination of size and services to make it a product that will get used all of the time. There are many more things I have not touched on that this reader can do. Is it an ebook reader? Is it a tablet? Is it magic? You decide.

Nook Ebook Reader: Color

BARNES AND NOBLE APPLETON WI

0 comments:

Post a Comment